Louisville Historically Dominate in Win Over Warren G. Harding – Volleyball
Louisville 25-25-25, Warren G. Harding 5-10-6
The Louisville Leopards Varsity Volleyball Team dominated the visiting Warren G. Harding Raiders in three quick sets 25-5, 25-10, 25-6 Thursday Evening at Louisville High School. With the victory, Louisville evens their record at 4-4 on the season.
Junior Kendal Loy led the Lady Leopards with 20 service points and 3 aces. Fellow junior Bridget DeJacimo also recorded 3 aces serving.
Senior Oliva Barnett-Sims was the top hitter for the match with a team-high 6 kills. Fellow senior Paige Cole also recorded 4 kills to give her 800 for her career. Freshman Addison Burick setup most of the Louisville offense finishing with a match-high 17 assists.
Junior Kelsey Adelman led the Lady Leopards on defense with a team leading 5 digs.
UP NEXT: The Lady Leopards will next host the Perry Panthers on Saturday, September 19. JV will begin at 1:00 PM with Varsity following around 2:30 PM.
Historic Defensive Effort for Points Allowed
The defensive effort by Louisville against Warren G. Harding was amongst the best all-time since rally scoring began in 2004:
- 5 Points Allowed in a Single Set
- Least allowed by Louisville in a single set since winning the opening set 25-4 at Minerva on October 8, 2015.
- Record: Lady Leopards allowed just 2 points in winning their opening set 25-2 Vs. Akron Springfield on October 7, 2004. Louisville trailed 2-1 and Lindsay Hostetler served 24 consecutive service points to end the set, a record to this day (She had 37 service points and 9 aces for the entire match).
- 21 Total Points Allowed in a Match
- Least allowed by Louisville since defeating Copley 25-10, 25-9 in the Nike Invitational at Lake on September 13, 2014
- Least allowed by the Lady Leopards for a three set match since defeating Akron East 25-5, 25-8, 25-4 in the DI Stow Sectional Semifinals on October 20, 2009
- Record: Lady Leopards allowed only 17 total points in winning a 25-8, 25-9 two set match against Midpark in the Cannon Classic at Midview on October 7, 2006.
- Three Set Match Record: Louisville allowed only 18 total points in defeating Akron Kenmore 25-4, 25-7, 25-7 in the DI Stow Sectional Semifinals on October 13, 2008.
- Three Set Match Regular Season Record: Louisville allowed just 20 points in their 25-2, 25-13, 25-5 victory against Akron Springfield on October 7, 2004.
JV: Louisville 25-25, Warren G. Harding 13-14
- Karlee Root 17 assists and 4 aces
- Ava Kimble 7 kills
- Emma Wilson 5 kills, 3 aces
- Brooke Haren 5 kills, 2 aces
- Lady Leps Now 3-5
7th Grade: Louisville 25-23-25, New Philadelphia 18-25-22
- Top Servers: Addy Campbell 15 (10 aces) and Chloe Miller 12 (4 aces)
- Top Hitters: Taylor McCully 5 and Jenna Steenrod 2
- Top Assists: Anna Sirohman and Emma Kroah
- Top Passer: Anna Sirohman
- Lady Leps Now 7-5
Donate to Leopard Nation