Leopards Boys Place 5th, Girls 9th at Dave Clegg Invitational
The Louisville Leopards Cross Country Team’s competed at the Dave Clegg Invitational Saturday Morning in North Canton. The Leopards Boys placed 5th out of 15 teams, while the Girls placed 9th Out of 16 teams in the Invitational.
Boys – 162 (5th Out of 15)
Miklos Hendricks (17:08.8) placed 14th and Scott Gronow (17:13.4) finished seconds behind him in 15th to lead the Leopards. Logan Ison (19th), Sebastian Hendricks (51st), and Josh Schloneger (77th) rounded out the top five for Louisville.
Other Leopard Varsity runners included Nathaniel Joseph (103rd) and Robert Duncan (107th).
The Jackson Polar Bears dominated the meet finishing with 5 runners in the top 8 spots. Jackson’s Evan Akers took first individually with a time of 16:07.0. The Walsh Jesuit Warriors placed second as a team 58 places behind the Polar Bears 25 places. The host North Canton Hoover Vikings also took third.
Cover Photo Taken By Jessica Kolm Ison
Donate to Leopard Nation
Girls – 192 (9th Out of 16)
Caitlyn Gatta (20:48.2) finished in 18th and Grace Collins (20:51.4) took 20th to lead the Lady Leopards. Others scoring for Louisville included Elena Eimer (44th), Iris Menagay (49th), and Karli Miller (70th).
All-in-all 9 different Leopards competed in the meet. Other runners included Sydney McKeever (77th), Riley Bobo (112th), Nina Mehler (115th), and Emma Becher (120th).
The Jackson Polar Bears captured first place as a team with 55 total places. Individually, Madisan DeBos from the Tusky Valley Trojans blew away the competition by capturing first with a time of 18:47.2. She nearly finished a minute ahead of second place Grace Nolen (19:47.0) from the Dover Tornadoes. Dover took second and Tusky Valley placed third as a team.
UP NEXT: The Leopards will next compete at the Pat Ritchie Invitational at Walsh Jesuit High School on Saturday, September 9. Schedule is as follows:
- 8:30 Boys Middle School Varsity 3,200 meters
- 8:50 Boys Middle School Junior Varsity 3,200 meters
- 9:10 Girls Middle School Varsity 3,200 meters
- 9:30 Girls Middle School Junior Varsity 3,200 meters
- 9:50 Boys Division I Varsity 5,000 meters
- 10:20 Girls Division I Varsity 5,000 meters
- 10:50 Boys Open 5,000 meters
- 11:35 Girls Open 5,000 meters
- 12:20 Boys Junior Varsity 5,000 meters
- 12:50 Girls Junior Varsity 5,000 meters
- 1:20 Boys Division II and Division III Varsity 5,000 meters
- 1:50 Girls Division II and Division III Varsity 5,000 meters