t

Lady Leps Fly By Falcons 3-1 in Opener

VIDEO:

Louisville 3, Firestone 1

The Lady Leopards girls soccer team opened up the season with a 3-1 road victory against the Firestone Falcons Monday evening at the Copley Road Soccer Complex in Akron.

Mackenzie Storlie scored a go-ahead goal in the first half to give Louisville a 1-0 lead at the break.  The Leopards took a 2-nil advantage when Rachel Baughman found the net.

Firestone cut Louisville’s lead in half midway through the second half on a Shannon Ede goal, but the Leopards defense held after that.  The Lady Leps also got some insurance when Sarah Jaroszyk lobbed a kick that tipped off the hands of Firestone goalie Kristen Giaquinto.  Liz Stefanik got the rebound and buried the ball into the right side of the net to put the Leopards ahead for good at 3-1.

Lady Leps goalie Becca Springman also had a stellar performance in the box with nine saves.

NEXT UP: The Lady Leps will host the GlenOak Golden Eagles on Wednesday, August 22 at 5:00 PM.

PICTURES

Taken By Mike Swinhart

BOX SCORE

LOUISVILLE HIGH SCHOOL 3, FIRESTONE HIGH SCHOOL 1

Halftime: L, 1- Goals: (L) Storlie, (L) Baughman, (F) Ede, (L) Stefanik Assists: (L) Jaroszyk, (L) Patterson
Shots on Goal: L, 22-11. Corner Kicks: F, 5-4,Saves: L Springman (9); F Giaquinto (14)

Tournament: NA

Home:  Firestone 0-1-0, 0-0-0
Akron, OH
Away:  Louisville 1-0-0, 0-0-0
Louisville, OH

EDITOR’S NOTE

Not to self, be sure to know exactly where a stadium/field is located before you travel.  Coming from my friends house in Akron I spent 70 minutes in the middle of Akron searching for this soccer game because I thought it was at Firestone High School…which is nowhere near the Copley Road Soccer Complex.  I asked several folks for directions and 80% had no clue where soccer played, the other 20% gave me directions to the high school!

I apologize that I didn’t get any pictures or footage of the first half.  Lesson Learned! GO LEPS!

You may also like...