Louisville Takes Down Austintown Fitch 50-24 – Wrestling
Louisville 50, Austintown Fitch 24
<<< Previous Brecksville Invitational | Wrestling Schedule | Next Vs. Beaver Local >>>
The Louisville Leopards Varsity Wrestling Team earned a 50-24 win over the visiting Austintown Fitch Falcons Thursday Night at Louisville High School. With the win, Louisville remains unbeaten on the season moving to 3-0 in dual matches.
7 Leopards Win By Fall in Victory
The Leopards won by fall in 7 of their first 10 matches on the evening. Freshman Colton Rhoads (106) and senior Dominic Hoffarth (150) both pinned the opposition in the first period. Hoffarth needed just 37 seconds and Rhoads won by fall in 1:44.
Seniors Connor Novosel (113), Kolten Barker (126), Dylan Rhoads (132), and Jude Yeager (165) all won by pin late in the second period for Louisville. Sophomore Wyatt Smith (157) also pinned his opponent 20 seconds into the third period.
The Leopards won 9 of the 14 matchups overall. Freshman Beau Nezbeth (120) and junior Ben Brendle (285) both earned major decisions. Nezbeth shutout Austintown Fitch freshman Evan Protopapa 8-0 and Brendle won 13-3 against Falcons freshman Noah Bolen.
Louisville won the first five matches in building a commanding 28-0 advantage. The Leopards would go up by as much as 46-9 before the Falcons began chipping into the LHS lead in the upper weight classes.
Smith Earns Lone Pin for Falcons
Austintown Fitch (4-2) was led by senior Aric Smith (144) who pinned Louisville sophomore Luke Miller in 1:16. Smith is ranked #30 in 138 for Division I and was wrestling up a weight class.
The Falcons won five matches overall. Junior Lewis Deloach (138) earned an 8-6 decision against junior Tanner Frank. Senior Tyler Lintner (175) won by technical fall over senior Gavin Hamilton 19-4. Sophomore Devin Phillips (190) earned a 9-1 major decision over freshman Micah Bricker. Senior Peyton Quarles (215) also claimed a third consecutive Fitch victory via forfeit to get the Falcons to within 46-24.
Austintown Fitch at Louisville Wrestling Box Score
LEOPARDS 50, FALCONS 24
- 106 – Colton Rhoads (Louisville) pins Brayden Gerthung (Austintown Fitch), 1:44 | LHS 6, AFHS 0
- 113 – Connor Novosel (Louisville) pins Zachariah Croom (Austintown Fitch), 3:49 | LHS 12, AFHS 0
- 120 – Beau Nezbeth (Louisville) maj. decision Evan Protopapa (Austintown Fitch), 8-0 | LHS 16, AFHS 0
- 126 – Kolten Barker (Louisville) pins Joey Janis (Austintown Fitch), 3:42 | LHS 22, AFHS 0
- 132 – Dylan Rhoads (Louisville) pins Davanzo Tate (Austintown Fitch), 3:52 | LHS 28, AFHS 0
- 138 – Lewis Deloach (Austintown Fitch) decision Tanner Frank (Louisville), 8-6 | LHS 28, AFHS 3
- 144 – Aric Smith (Austintown Fitch) pins Luke Miller (Louisville), 1:16 | LHS 28, AFHS 9
- 150 – Dominic Hoffarth (Louisville) pins Kevin Wilder (Austintown Fitch), 0:37 | LHS 34, AFHS 9
- 157 – Wyatt Smith (Louisville) pins John Hake (Austintown Fitch), 4:20 | LHS 40, AFHS 9
- 165 – Jude Yeager (Louisville) pins Authur Croom (Austintown Fitch), 3:52 | LHS 46, AFHS 9
- 175 – Tyler Lintner (Austintown Fitch) tech. fall Gavin Hamilton (Louisville), 19-4 | LHS 46, AFHS 14
- 190 – Devin Phillips (Austintown Fitch) maj. decision Micah Bricker (Louisville), 9-1 | LHS 46, AFHS 18
- 215 – Peyton Quarles (Austintown Fitch) wins by forfeit | LHS 46, AFHS 24
- 285 – Ben Brendle (Louisville) maj. decision Noah Bolen (Austintown Fitch), 13-3 | LHS 50, AFHS 24
Records: Louisville 3-0, Austintown Fitch 4-2
UP NEXT: The Leopards will next host the Beaver Local Beavers on Wednesday, January 11. Middle School will begin at 5:30 PM with JV following around 6:00 PM and Varsity concluding the night starting around 7:00 PM.
Cover Photo By The Louisville Herald
Donate to Leopard Nation
Don’t forget to Subscribe to Our Posts for Free
You can also Submit an Article