TD Club Discusses Alumni Game, Merge with Leopard Nation
The Touchdown Club met Thursday Night at the Louisville Eagles to announce their official partnership with our site, Leopard Nation, and for various other items on their agenda. The Touchdown Club’s old site http://www.louisvilleleopardfootball.com/ will now be merged into http://www.louisvilleleopards.org/ and all announcements for the Touchdown Club will break right here on Leopard Nation first. The old site now redirects to Leopard Nation and we are working to migrate all the history from the old site over to this site.
The Touchdown Club is also gearing up for the Alumni Football Game against Crestwood on July 7 at 8:00 PM. There are 1000 pre-sale tickets available for the game selling at $10 a piece. Half of the proceeds for each ticket purchased in advance will go to the Touchdown Club, so we encourage those of you attending the game to pick up your tickets in advance. Tickets are currently being sold at Beatty’s Sports, the Louisville Herald, and Mike Milann’s.
If you stop by Beatty’s Sports be sure to check out their Pre-July 4 sale that includes 2 for $20 T-Shirts, 20-50% off select football gloves & shoes, and Buy 1 Item, get an item of equal or lesser value 50% off. Beatty’s is a proud sponsor of this site, so be sure to support them in return.
Other announcements included the following:
- Ben Stoffer will be stepping down from his Trustee position and the board will remain the same with just four trustees.
- Stadium advertising banners are still for sale for the upcoming season: Small $75, Medium $125, Large $190
- Alumni Cheerleaders and Band Members are still needed for the game. If you are a former band member or cheerleader and would be interested in performing at the Alumni Game please email Touchdown Club President Eric Kwasnicka.
After the meeting was adjourned I got to talk with several Touchdown Club members and Coach John Demarco about the history of Louisville athletics. Here is a list of several conclusions we came up with to a few historical
questions I have been asked about in the past as well as some exciting new things to come for the site.
- Louisville football did exist pre-1924, however 1924 is when records were started because it was the first year that it was officially a sport at Louisville High School. Previously it was what we would know today as a “club sport” and those teams did not have a Coach.
- Game Film from 2000-Present has been preserved, with some earlier games as well. Eventually I will try to make a database of highlight videos on this site so that all of Leopard Nation can relive these moments.
- There is also still a 1964 highlight film and we will also be looking to bring back that season and any other seasons we can find to relive the memories of Louisville Football.
- Several historically clippings, programs, etc. have been turned in as well. This will also help us fill in the missing pieces of Louisville sports history in not only football, but basketball as well.